Yup, you saw the post right! I came across this egg cyclopedia.. Yes, you guessed it; from a small carton of eggs (Al Jazira Poultry in my case)! Though of sharing it with the world at large and for all those egg lovers out there, it goes as follows:
1. Eggs are considered to be healthy and balanced food for all age groups.
2. Most of an egg’s vitamins are in the yolk (yellow).
3. Most of an egg’s proteins and minerals are in albumen (egg white).
4. The only difference in white and brown eggs is just the colour of its shell. Nutritionally both are the same. (My friends and I used to wonder about this !).
5. First eggs layed by young hens often have double yolks. Some older hens lay jumbo size eggs which sometimes have double yolks. (I’m yet to come across this).
6. The best sign on freshness of an egg is that when broken into a pan it would stay firm and would not spread out fast like water.
7. To boil eggs, choose 3 to 4 days old eggs. They are easier to peel.
8. Egg shells are porous hence they should not be stored with products like apples, garlic etc.. that have strong odours. (I wonder why apples are in this list).
9. It is always advisable to eat throughly cooked eggs. (All those who makes mousse, watch out!).